EE 23 - Dan Nugent - From Bootstrapped to Brown Thomas
Dan Nugent symbolises everything that The Entrepreneur Experiment stands for.
He started his business with his partner, Sacha, for less than €1000, bootstrapped it from day 1 and has scaled it globally in less than 2 years.
The duo started Ambr Eyewear in 2017 from their kitchen table. The company began with just 3 frames and two years later have over 35 styles.
Ambr started selling blue light glasses to help with problems caused by spending so much time staring at phone and laptop screens. It has since morphed into an eyewear brand that covers everything from blue light to prescription glasses.
In this episode we chat about:
- How there is never a perfect time to start a business
- Why limits and restraints can actually help an entrepreneur
- How to source and select manufacturers and partners
- The unsexy side of e-commerce success, SEO & content
- Why the influencer business is imploding